You are here
Burke-Blythedale Research Shines at the American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine Annual Meeting
Venue:71st Annual Meeting of the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM)
- Dr. Melis Suner (Prusky Lab) presented a talk about vision testing in children with brain injury, using an automated assessment platform.
- Karen Chin (Friel Lab) presented about a proprioception assessment for children with hemiplegia, developed at Burke and potentially useful for kids at Blythedale.
- Dr. Aura Shoval (Resident) presented two posters about the use of botox to treat drooling in children with CP (pictured, right, with coauthors Kathleen Friel and Dr. Heakyung Kim).
- Sophia Lall (Carmel Lab) presented about a rodent model of corticospinal injury. It is hoped that findings from this model will help us develop better therapies for kids at Blythedale.
- Dr. Heakyung Kim presented about botox therapies for children with CP.
- Kathleen Friel presented about brain plasticity and therapies for adults with CP.
Kathleen Friel received the Corbett Ryan Pathways Pioneer Award for her work in brain plasticity and neurorehabilitation.