You are here
Chronic, Neuropathic Pain: New Hope for More Effective and Safer Treatments
Who Should Attend:Everyone is welcome
Watch our webinar series on Science Gives Hope as Dr. Dianna E. Willis presents on chronic, neuropathic pain: new hope for more effective and safer treatments.
When the sensory system is impacted by injury or disease, the nerves within that system cannot work to transmit sensation to the brain. This often leads to a sense of numbness, or lack of sensation. However, in some cases when this system is injured, individuals experience pain in the affected region. Neuropathic pain does not start abruptly or resolve quickly; it is a chronic condition which leads to persistent pain symptoms.
Topics presented include:
- What is chronic, neuropathic pain, and what diseases are associated with it?
- How does neuropathic pain differ from “normal” pain?
- Why is treating neuropathic pain such a challenge, and why is it contributing to the opioid crisis?
- What is on the horizon for better treatments?
- How is BNI contributing to this effort?