You are here
Avrielle Rykman Peltz, M.A., OTR/L
Avrielle has been specializing in stroke/cerebral vascular accidents, spinal cord injury, brain injury, and pulmonary dysfunction for almost two decades. She is an exceptional recruiter and has spear-headed multiple national and international research studies funded by the National Institutes of Health, in collaboration with Burke Neurological Institute, Weill Cornell Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, The Veterans’ Administration and private funding sources. Avrielle is the Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of the Restorative Neurology Clinic at the Burke Neurological Institute, which is a specialized rehabilitation clinic for treating people with neurological injuries and illnesses using cutting edge technologies.
Avrielle is an expert evaluator in the Fugl-Meyer Motor/Sensory Assessment and The WOLF motor and time assessment. She is certified to administer the NIH stroke scale, the Modified Rankin Scale and an expert in therapeutically treating patients with multiple diagnoses.
Avrielle has conducted experiments administering tDCS Brain Stimulation in neurological patients and also has been a professional clinical consultant on many published studies involving upper limb recovery and robotics. She has travelled nationally and internationally to train other medical professionals in the field of neurological recovery and the use of robotics.
- May-Sept 2001 – Level II Fieldwork Burke Rehabilitation Hospital
- Awarded Winifred Masterson Burke OT Scholarship
- 2002-2006 – Senior Occupational Therapist (neurological / pulmonary specialization) - Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, White Plains, NY
- 2006-2013 – Clinical Robotics Research Coordinator for upper limb recovery post stroke/traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury – Burke Medical Research Institute, White Plains, NY
- 2013 – Present – Sr. Clinical Research Administrator Robotics, Burke Neurological Institute, White Plains, NY
- 2013 – Present – Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of the Restorative Neurology Clinic, Burke Neurological Institute, White Plains, NY
- April 1, 2018 to Present – Research Associate Faculty, Weill Cornell Medicine
- July 1, 2018 to Present – Director, Restorative Neurology Clinic, Burke Neurological Institute, White Plains, NY