- Textbook Ch7 pgs 192-195
- Textbook Ch23 pgs 784-790
- Understanding where and when are neural cells generated during development.
- Cortical neurogenesis and central role of radial glia as prototypical examples of embryonic development in the nervous system.
- Not all cell divisions are equal: understanding the distinct roles that symmetric and asymmetric cell divisions have in proliferation and differentiation during development.
- Most neurons are born in regions that are distant from where the mature and integrate into the nervous system. The control of neuronal progenitor migration is essential for the proper nervous system development and function.
About Introduction to Neuroscience
Burke Neurological Institute, in White Plains, is offering an Introduction to Neuroscience course for interested High School students.